• type of ceremony – civil, church (both catholic and protestant), symbolic
• civil wedding ceremonies are available on Fri and Sat, protestant ceremonies and symbolic weddings on request
• civil ceremonies take place at the castle ceremony hall or in the castle garden, religious ceremonies take place at the castle chapel
• capacity of the ceremony hall is approx. 60 people, chapel for apperox. 50
• length of the ceremony is around 25 min
• civil ceremony is in Czech, translated into English (or any other language), church or symbolic ceremony in any language
Hluboka castle, one of the most frequently visited castles in the Czech Republic is situated 11 km from Ceske Budejovice in Hluboka nad Vltavou (approx. 3 hours driving from Prague), surrounded with the beautiful landscape of South Bohemia, a region with eventful history.
The town of Hluboka nad Vltavou is famous for its charming Hluboka castle, now beautifully illuminated at night. The castle was built in the second half of the 13th century, originally as a royal Gothic castle. In the late 16th century Hluboka was rebuilt in the Renaissance style and in 1721-28 in the Baroque style. Its today’s Neo-Gothic look dates back to the reconstruction in 1841-1871. At that time also appeared the “Stöckl” building, then adjoining the kennels and stables and now hosting the Stekl hotel. It was designed in the same style as the Hluboka castle and was used as its administration building. Until 1989 it had been used as a residential building.
Wedding reception an be held at Stekl – a romantic castle hotel that adjoins the castle, the hotel’s history is closely tied to the castle.
Read the story here:
Winter wedding – blogstorywinter-wedding-at-the-castle/