Stone Bell House
• Wedding receptions for up to 150 people (gothic cellars) and up to 60 people (concert hall)
• Open bar available (unlimited consumption of house wine, beer and soft drinks)
• Type of cuisine: upon wish (catering)
• Rental fee charged
The origins of the Stone Bell House date, according to the latest constructional and historical researches, from the second half of the 13th century, when a lengthwise building behind the monumental spiral corner with massive perimeter walls was built. The oldest building phase is preserved in the cellars and on the ground floor of the south wing. The second building phase followed in about 1310. At that time there was raised the chapel with rich figurative and ornamental painted decoration covering the walls and the dome.
The typical house sign was placed at the corner of the building in the 16th century. After 1685 and in the 18th century baroque adaptations of the building took place. Preceding a demanding restoration of the Stone Bell House, during which the neo-baroque facade from the 19th century was pulled down, extensive constructional and historical research was carried out, which revealed the Gothic facade. Restoration was finished in 1988 and the City assigned the building to serve as the GHMP exhibiting space for its important exhibition projects. In the building there is a Gallery shop and in the rear part of the building is a café.