• type of ceremony – civil, church (protestant)
• ceremonies are available on Fri and Sat, April – October
• wedding ceremonies take place at the beautiful castle chapel (capacity approx. 50 people)
• length of the ceremony is around 25 min
• civil ceremony is in Czech, translated into English (or any other language), church ceremony in any language
The castle is located 40 km west of Prague (60 min driving) and was built in the late 13th century, lies in vast woods between Beroun and Rakovník, protected by the UNESCO. Krivoklat Castle is one of the oldest and most important castles of the princes and kings of Bohemia.
It was a royal castle, first mentioned in records at the beginning of the 12th century. During later periods it was extended, fortified and rebuilt in Gothic style. Remains of the Romanesque palace are preserved. The magnificent castle chapel, the Royal Hall and the Hall of Knights with exhibitions of Gothic paintings and sculptures, the library containing 53 000 volumes, the rich Fürstenberk museum and picture gallery, the notorious prison and torture chamber with instruments of torture, the monumental great tower with hunting collections and a splendid view of the environs, a pleasant walk along the fortification galleries, the renowned tower called Huderka with the so-called black kitchen and an observation terrace, functional replicas of Gothic tiled stoves, the gallery where exhibitions of old and contempoary creative art take place from time to time – all these and many other features from Krivoklat Castle, which is a national cultural monument.