• type of ceremony – civil, church (protestant), symbolic
• ceremonies are available on request
• wedding ceremonies take place in the Renaissance Knight’s Hall (capacity approx.100 people), the window-lined Arcade Hall or in the stately Dvořák Hall
• receptions can also be hosted in the Castle’s beautifully appointed salons or the intimate and inviting restaurant.ceremonies can be arranged in the park or chateau chapel
• length of the ceremony is around 25 min
• civil ceremony is in Czech, translated into English (or any other language), church ceremony in any language
Nelahozeves Castle is located 35 km north of Prague, high above the Vltava River. With its impressive Renaissance architecture, engaging museum exhibition and picturesque setting, the Castle is a popular destination for all visitors.
Nelahozeves Castle was built for Florian Griesbeck von Griesbach (1504-1588), a highly educated Tyrolean aristocrat and private secretary and close adviser to Emperor Ferdinand I. Despite its great beauty and noble character, Nelahozeves Castle never served as the family’s principal residence, unlike the Lobkowicz Palace in Vienna, and later, Roudnice castle.
In the late 19th and early 20th century, Princess Wilhelmina Lobkowicz (1863-1945), daughter of Moric, 9th Prince Lobkowicz (1831-1903), sponsored and maintained at the Castle a religious institution for unmarried and widowed noblewomen, The Order of the Sisters of God’s Love. Wilhemina, who lies buried in the village cemetery, was the last Lobkowicz to live at the Castle.
The Castle was confiscated by the Communist government in 1948. During the late 1970s and 1980s, the Castle was used by the Czech Regional Gallery to exhibit modern socialist art, as well as some of the Lobkowicz family’s paintings.
In 1993, the Castle was returned to the Lobkowicz family and a temporary exhibition was immediately opened. In 2007, when certain works on display at Nelahozeves Castle were transferred to Prague to become part of the family’s new museum at Lobkowicz Palace, Nelahozeves Castle was reinstalled with an exhibition of historical period rooms, Private Spaces: A Noble Family at Home.