The castle is located east of Prague in a small town of less than 1000 inhabitants called Skvorec. This small town with a few hundred houses hides a centuries of history.
The castle in Skvorec first appears in archives in 1279 when the Domoslav (A Butler to the Queen Kunegunda of Slovenia) began the construction. The only items reminding us of that period are the ancient well and the remains of a gothic palace. Over the time of the castle has changed a lot of owners during which the castle was rebuilt into renaissance palace. Amount the famous owners of the castle were the Olbramovits of Prague, the Klinstejns, Smiricky, Albrecht from Valdstein who have sold the castle to the Lichtensteins in 1623.
In November 1639 during the Swedish invasion the castle was completely plundered and burned to the ground by Swedish army.
Maria Theresa of Savoia (born Lichtenstein) has restored the destroyed castle and lived here for over half a century. She built hospitals, churches and significantly influenced the development of the local region. Her death in 1772 has put the castle into a forgotten state once again which caused the main palace to be destroyed.
Civil, symbolic or protestant ceremonies are available any day, any time – on request. Ceremony can be held outside in the chapel or in the garden.
The garxden can accommodate around 60 people, as well as the space inside.
The luxurious guest rooms offer comfort and style, the design reflects the history of the castle and rooms are furnished with antique furniture alongside contemporary features.
8 double suites are available at the Castle. A baby cot or an extra bed can be placed in most of these rooms.
A total of 33 rooms are available to accommodate up to 70 guests in the vicinity of the castle. Various standards of accommodation facilities can be provided within a 3 minute walk from the castle.