In the place of Sychrov a small Baroque castle was erected in 17.century. During of next two centuries the ownership of the Castle turned to several noble families. In 1820 Sychrov was bought by the family of Rohan, French aristocrats exiled by the French Revolution. The vast reconstructions they provided changed the outworn Baroque castle into what we see today – a magnificent romantic neo-gothic Chateau. The Rohans had the vision; the skills of the local woodcarvers, decorators, carpenters and glass painters made it. Special attention was paid to the Castle Park, designed in English style. The Rohans Orchid collection was one their prides, famous far beyond Bohemia. Sychrov glasshouse was among the Orchid suppliers to Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna.
Sychrov Castle is situated approximately 70 km north of Prague, about an hour driving.
There are a few options where to have wedding ceremony:
– castle park (opened to public during the ceremony)
– castle chapel with seating for 16 peole (standing up to 60), available for both civil and church ceremonies
– room in front of the chapel – seating 24, standing up to 30
– castle gallery – seating for up to 200 people
– Alain´s hall (with paintings on the wall, biedermayer furniture) – seating 40, standing 40
– King´ suite – part of historical exposition, fro up to 10 people only
The most suitable room is castle gallery, with stage, dance floor and bar. Round tables for up to 80 people.
Another room is castle orangerie at the park, with the capacity up to 28 people at the round tables.
Castle hotel Sychrov *** is right next to the castle and offers 86 rooms.