Valtice is name of a small town and amazing chateau in Moravia, approx. 2,5 hours from Prague. It belongs to the Lednice-Valtice area, complex of beautiful nature, historical buildings and of course wine everywhere. Valtice Chateau was the family seat of the Lords of Liechtenstein, Lednice Chateau was their summer residence, which replaced an earlier fort in the early 17th century.
Wedidng ceremony and reception
There are many options where to hold ceremony and reception:
– wedding ceremony can be hold in rich decorated chateau chapel, beautiful park or one of the chateau hall
– chapel has separate entrance from the ground floor of the main building
– wedding reception can be in representative Dancing hall, largest space of the chateau
– wine tasting of more then 100 samples can be arranged in Salon Vin (Wine saloon), located in the chateau
– hunting lodge, located 3 km from Valtice, was built around the two chateaux.It is a complex of hunting lodges, viewing platforms, farm buildings abd other landscape elements built on swamp land, dried out artificially
– beautiful hall on the top floor can be rented for both ceremony or reception
Colonnade Reisten (Rajstna)
– the colonnade, built on Homole hill called Reisten or Rajstna, with Corinthian columns, built to a rectangular plan, resembles a triumphal arch due to an attic elevated in the middle part
– art form of the colonnade was probably inspired by a gloriette in the Schonbrunn palace garden in Vienna
– visitors can enjoy extraordinary view from the viewing terrace – view over the territory of three countries – neighbouring with Lower Austria where the colonnade was placed at the time of its creation, from Moravia we can see the town of Mikulov with a castle and Saint Hill, the largest Moravian pond called Nesyt as well as the Pálava Mountains with the highest peak Devin (550 m), Devicy Castle ruins, and a minaret in Lednice Castle Park. From the then Hungaria (today in Slovakia) the Little Carpathians can be seen, while the town of Valtice and Falkenstein Castle ruins on the horizon once belonged to Lower Austria.
Accommodation can be arranged in many intimate pensions or hotels.
Read the story here:
Tereza and Jakub – blogstorytereza-and-jakub/